Static in the Stars Bio 2012
Static in the Stars blast right out of the garage and into your stereo at a ferocity best experienced with your volume knob cranked. The Vancouver-based quintet plays loud stadium-ready rock n roll with huge guitars and soaring vocals.
- Ben Conoley Canadian Musician Magazine
Big-sounding alt-pop from this Vancouver band. To my ears, they sound like the Trews on super-overdrive
- Alan Cross
The best way I can think to describe a Static In The Stars show is guitar-shredding, drum-smashing, epic rock n roll you can dance to with catchy vocals that leave you singing the lyrics days later. Static takes the best parts of 80's hair metal and combine that head-banging epic-ness with modern harmonies, split time and catchy lyrics to create a fantastic diverse sound not quite like anything else
- Muchmusic.com Blog
"Visceral and engaging; a sound that will chew you up and spit you back out again - this local band proved to be one of the more exciting acts at this year's Virgin Festival."
- Komodo rock
Vancouver based five-piece rock band Static in the Stars have been on a steady rise. Described as epic, triumphant rock and roll, their sound transcends boundaries and is built for the stadium. Combining soaring melodies with bombastic guitars the band has one goal and that is to deliver rock and roll back to the masses.
The band has just released a new EP titled Kings of Last Call, produced by Tommy Mac from multi-platinum recording artists Hedley, engineered and mixed by Juno nominated Dean Maher (Elton John, AC/DC, Slayer, Rise Against, Chevelle, Atreyu) and mastered by Chris Potter (Sarah MacLachlan, Run DMC, The Cranberries, Rufus Wainright, Delirium). The new songs continue to expand the sound first debuted on their previous EP No Grace in Goodbyes.
Known for an energetic, and interactive live show, Static in the Stars continue to increase their profile with a number of head turning festival showcases at CMW, NXNE, Indie Week and Junofest. They were also Top 20 Fox Seeds finalists for the 2010 CFOX 99.3 Fox Seeds competition, which has launched the careers of such acts like Nickleback and Default.
They shared the stage with acts such as Pearl Jam, Wintersleep, K-OS and Billy Talent at Virgin Festival Alberta 2009. They played Boonstock 2010 alongside The Offspring, Papa Roach, Chevelle, Matt Good and others. A number of their songs have been licensed to stream on the upcoming Teletoon site for the new show Stoked.
While in Calgary, they opened for Twisted Sister during the Calgary Stampede, won a $25,000 grant in the Fuel 90.3 Big Rock Star Competition, won the Ceilis Canada Day Rock Fest, received radio play on X92.9, 100.3 The Bear, 104.9 The Wolf and Fuel 90.3, licensed their song "Lost Vegas" for the film "The Service" and caught the attention of Tommy Mac from Hedley. Needless to say, they have been busy.
With the release of their new album and subsequent touring and promotional plans Static in the Stars are poised to continue their momentum and deliver their rock and roll to even more fans.
STATIC IN THE STARS Highlights:
- Featured in UK music magazine MUSIC WEEK's Sounds of Canada playlist. July 2011
- New EP Kings of Last Call, Released March 8, 2011.
- Performance at Gibson All Star Party during Junos 2011
- CMW 2011 Showcase
- 4 showcases at Indie Week Toronto 2010
- Top 20 FOX 99.3 SEEDS Finalists
- NXNE 2010 Toronto, ON, 3 showcases
- Boonstock 2010 : June 2010 (The Offspring, Papa Roach, Chevelle, Matt Good)
- Canadian Music Week 2010; Toronto, ON ; two showcases
- Top 10 in Our Stage open for Bon Jovi contest
- 7 songs licensed for streaming on website of Teletoon's new series Stoked
- Indie Music Week- Toronto, ON - October 2009 3 showcases
- Canadian tour September - October 2009
- Virgin Fest Alberta - August 8, 2009 (Pearl Jam, Billy Talent, K-OS, The Arkells)
- No Grace in Goodbyes" EP- October 2009 Release
o Produced by Tommy Mac from Hedley
o Engineered and mixed by Juno nominated Dean Maher (AC/DC, Elton John, Bryan Adams, Nickleback, Rise Against, Chevelle, Trapt, Atreyu)
o Mastered by Chris Potter (Sarah Mclaughlin, Run DMC, Cranberries)
o Drums performed by Harvey J. Warren (One show with Motley Crue, Econoline Crush, One 900)
- Fuel 90.3 Big Rock Star Competition Finalists, 2008 - $25,000 grant
- Ceilis Canada Day RockFest winners, 2008
- Junofest 2008 Showcase
- Opened for Twisted Sister, Calgary Stampede, July 2008
- Featured radio play on X92.9 Project Punk, Fuel 90.3 16th Ave shows
- 30 min live set broadcast to air on the Fuel 90.3 Bootlegger Series
- Headliner at the Big Brothers and Big Sisters Big Sound Benefit concert, sponsored by X92.9
- Lost Vegas featured in short film "The Service" (September 2009)
Band MembersJordan Carriere- Vocals / Guitar
Cam Thomas-Guitar / Vocals
Trent Otter - Drums